With flu season in full effect, why not enjoy an adult beverage while protecting our bodies for a healthier 2019? In the Middle ages, gin was used as a form of herbal medicine to fight diseases. Made with botanicals such as coriander, rosemary, cassia, nutmeg, sage and angelica root, nothing is more remarked than Juniper berries. It is one of the super berries of the world that is jammed packed with antioxidants and infection fighting qualities.
* Naturally an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial berry that helps cells regenerate especially in the skin to help ward off wrinkles
* A natural diuretic which helps to flush out toxins, bacteria and excess fluids. Doing this helps eliminate in liver and controls water retention which leads to bloating while enzymes break down food and help digestion
* Oils from the berries can alleviate coughs by expelling mucus in throat and lung
* Got a sensitivity to sulfites which can cause allergens? Gin has one of the lowest in the liquor world
* Free radicals cause many disease in our bodies. Super berries fight and help destroy them while flavonoids increases blood circulation preventing heart disease
* Antioxidants can relieve chronic pain including gout, rheumatoid arthritis and inflammation of joints
Finally when mixed with diet tonic water and a few slices of lime, it is only about 100 calories which helps with our New Year Resolutions. Consuming in moderation can lead to many health benefits and Hickeys has a variety of different gins to try from many countries. Enjoy by a fire on a cold night and find your favorite.