Here’s a delicious new recipe from Food and Wine Magazine to help you shake off the cold winter. The double hot chocolate was the attention grabber, and the addition of bourbon is just genius. Give this a try after shoveling out this weekend…it might just be your new winter favorite!
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of Evan Williams bourbon whiskey
- Marshmallows, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the bittersweet chocolate with the milk chocolate. Add the boiling water and let stand for one minute. Whisk the chocolate mixture until it is smooth.
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk and heavy cream just to a simmer. Add the chocolate mixture and whisk over moderate heat until hot. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the whiskey. Pour the hot chocolate into demitasse cups or small mugs, garnish with marshmallows, and serve.