This scrumptious cocktail is courtesy of Food & Wine Magazine (one of my favorite sources for new yummy drinks). It’s a little more work than I like to do for a summer sipper – but it just reeled me in with watermelon and tequila!
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 2 cups diced seedless watermelon (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/3 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, plus 8 sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/4 cups silver tequila
- In a blender, puree the watermelon until smooth. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and strain the watermelon juice, pressing gently on the solids to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the pulp.
- In a large pitcher, combine the sugar syrup with the lime juice, blueberries, and mint leaves. Using a wooden spoon, lightly muddle the blueberries and mint. Add the watermelon juice and tequila. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Pour into tall ice-filled glasses. Garnish with the mint sprigs and serve.