April showers have brought the May flowers! And it’s another GORGEOUS day in the neighborhood…Happy May Day!
In celebration of this millennia-old holiday, and the past solid week of sunshine, I have two drinks to share – both May Day’s namesakes.
May Day Martini
- 2 oz. currant flavored vodka
- 1 oz. sparkling wine, chilled
- 1 oz. Chambord (raspberry liqueur)
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Sugar crystals for rimming
- Dip your martini glass into the Chambord then into the sugar crystals.
- Chill glass in the freezer. Pour the vodka, Chambord, and lime into an ice filled cocktail shaker and shake until well chilled.
- Pour into chilled martini glass about 2/3rds of the way. Top off with chilled sparkling wine.
May Day Cocktail
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and roughly chopped
- 4 strawberries, cubed
- 4 oz apple juice (preferably cloudy)
- Flesh and seeds of 2 passion fruit (optional)
- 1 Tbsp superfine sugar
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 part rum
- crushed ice
Blend all the ingredients together with crushed ice. Pour the mix equally into two highball glasses. If you want to get fancy, garnish with an apple slice.
Whichever your poison, enjoy!